Friday, 17 March, 2017
Norfolk Conservatives have today launched their manifesto for the County Council elections on 4th May 2017.
The Rt Hon Chris Grayling MP, Secretary of State for Transport, joined Conservative candidates at County Hall for a launch presentation, where the main campaign themes were outlined by leader Cliff Jordan.
The eight main election pledges are:
- Front-line services protected
- Extra support for vulnerable people
- Help with homes for first-time buyers
- Opportunities for young people, including apprenticeships
- £20million investment in the county’s roads
- Helping bring more jobs to Norfolk
- Keeping costs down
- Completing the NDR western link
Speaking after the Norwich launch, Norfolk Conservative leader, Cliff Jordan, said: “We care passionately about Norfolk, and we were determined to offer a programme that was positive, ambitious, and visionary for Norfolk and its people.
Secretary of State for Transport, Chris Grayling, said: “Norfolk needs a Conservative victory on 4th May. The collective power of a Conservative government, allied with the ambition and vision of the Conservatives here at County Hall, will give Norfolk a huge boost as it faces important challenges ahead.”